A ‘class action’ relates to a group of at least seven people with the same or similar characteristics. In this case, the ‘class’ of relevant people are coal mineworkers who are, or were:
- Members of the CFMEU at the time of their last assignment, or as of the date of lodgement of the class action application (20 August 2019).
- Employed by WorkPac in the coal mining industry for a continuous period of at least 3 months.
- Employed during the six-year period from 21 August 2013 to 20 August 2019.
- Placed by WorkPac on ‘assignment’ with the work crew of a mine operator.
- Worked in accordance with a long-term roster determined by the mine operator
- Designated as a ‘casual’ employee by WorkPac and paid a flat hourly rate of pay.
The above points are indicative only. To be sure that you are covered by our class action application you will need to contact the union.